However.
I don't know from which parent I inherited this lovely gene, but I am a sweater. Not a knitted, yarn-y concoction, but one who sweats. Within seconds of being in any humid environment above, say, 82 degrees, beads of sweat appear and ruin my entire day. I hate sweating when I'm not prepared for it. If I am involved in an activity requiring physical exertion, fine. I can accept that I may get damp. But, for example, if I am dining al fresco, I wish not to be worried about my shiny face.
So, with the wedding being in August*, I was prepared to be a little sweaty while going to and fro. But today and yesterday, the weather in sunny Alabama has been quite mild for this time of year. The forecast predicts a rise of a few degrees for next Saturday's festivities, but if this forecast is true, I can take it.

*We didn't want to get married in August. We're both winter people. We like cooler weather, snow, inside things (for the most part). But, logistically, it was really the best time to do it. So August it was. But, at our venue, October/November is the best. The leaves all around the lake change colors and create this beautiful landscape that would be perfect for a fall wedding. Anyway... August it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment