I officially changed my name yesterday. I was going to wait until after I'd gotten my license and a job to change it, but the process seemed easy enough to do now, so with all my paperwork in hand, I made the rounds. First I went to the CO DMV and got my name changed there as well as a CO license. I always knew I wanted to keep all of my former names and add my new last name to the list, but the woman was telling me that I couldn't do it with the format my name has, but we took out a hyphen and voila! My name was changed. Then on to the SS office where the woman (also the woman at the DMV) scrutinized the marriage certificate because it simply looks fake. It's probably the most unofficial document I've ever seen. Anyway, I guess it passed the test because my new card will be here in 7-10 business days! When I got home, I got to work changing my name on my credit cards and other accounts. Some were easily done on the phone, but I had to write 3 letters for other ones, including documentation of name change on the marriage license (which it doesn't have!) so I hope it still happens.
I really can't remember all I was supposed to back-blog about, but really, now that the wedding is over, I don't want to wallow in all the planning I did. So, apologies again, but this blog may be put to rest.
But, I've started my new blog, so skip on over for non-wedding related stories. I think that one's more interesting anyway, and there are more pictures!
So thanks for sticking with me all these months, and good luck to all you Mrs.-to-be's out there!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
From Ms. to Mrs.
Labels:
just married,
marriage license,
name change,
new blog,
planning,
post-wedding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment