Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Seating Chart... and schedule.

I could have put this in the last post, since I'm writing it a mere 10 seconds after the last one posted, but in the spirit of being a good writer, I am separating my ideas into visually appealing blocks and more coherent sections.

After finishing my table numbers and menus earlier, I moved onto the daunting task of creating the seating chart. At the wedding, there will be a large thing (for lack of a better word) with names and numbers directing everyone to their correct table. Hopefully everyone will follow the directions, but I'm really not too worried about it in general, as long as everyone has a seat.

So I took my 99% finished guest list (still waiting on the priest, funny, huh?) and set upon this task. It took me about 15 minutes, really, to put everyone in their place. But then I had to type it up and try to create this nice looking sign, which I failed at, so I sent over my partially finished work to my brother who will hopefully get it all cleaned up for me. Soon... please.

But since that's done, I talked to M's mom for a bit tying up some loose ends. Saturday-Monday will be spent "up north" where I'll work on favors for the rehearsal dinner and reception. Wednesday is marriage license day and $$ day (paying off florist and food) as well as meeting with our priest one last time. I never did write about engaged encounter but I will! I want to! But that post truly takes a lot of time and thought and I want to get it just right. Anyway, pre-marital counseling has been a little untraditional since M and I are so far apart, but Father's been great with working with our schedule. Thank goodness for that Engaged Encounter.

So S and I will stay "up north" Wednesday-Friday and then head down to the wedding venue! My oldest brother comes into town Wednesday, followed by the younger older brother and grandmother on Thursday.

So that's kind of how may week is shaping up! Tomorrow I'm meeting up with some of my friends who are in town, pick S up from the airport and start on planning her wedding!

It's pretty amazing how calm I am right now. I tend to be pretty calm in the face of utter chaos, so I don't really expect to be quite worked up about anything, but I also tend to be incredibly take-charge when things need to get done, so I can see myself turning into a drill-sergeant too, if things get out of hand. Which they won't, so we don't need to worry about any of that.

That's all for now.

No comments: