Wednesday, August 6, 2008

paper crafts and I don't get along

Really, it's just the cutting part. Remember a few days ago when I said I was starting a project? I thought it was going to be all super easy-breezy and I'd be done that night. Well, first, my exacto knife and I weren't getting along, so the next day I got a paper cutter. But then the paper was bigger than the cutter, so I had to do some magic to get that to all work out. So I got the first two layers done, but when I went to print/apply the last (printed) layer, the paper I was using was too thin and the glue showed through. So I went on a hunt to find some ivory cardstock, and in my little town, it was much harder to find. So I had to wait a few days later to go to the 'big city' and get what I needed there.

I got the menu side done pretty quickly - as that was the easy part. Don't they look nice?

Some are smudged, but whatever. Nobody better say anything!

The other side, the numbers, were quite a bit more difficult than I anticipated. First, I had to figure out how to get the numbers so huge. Then, I had to make them all centered. This was the most difficult part for some reason, but again, I used some magic and got them all in order. I am finally done with them! yay!


what a happy little family.


Ok, well on to the next project: seating chart. By the way, we came to a grand total of 92ish guests! That's pretty much perfect for us, so woohoo.

I also kind of get to go dress shopping again - well, for S this time. But it'll be sort of fun to see some new dresses!

No comments: