Friday, August 8, 2008

J.O.B.

I don't mind the job search so much since I know I will get a job, somewhere, somehow, but it really annoys me when I have a wonderful interview, high praise, great resume, and exactly the skills/knowledge that they are looking for, yet,

"T,

Thank you so much for interviewing for our research position.
We were impressed with your responses and enthusiasm, but have selected a local candidate.
We wish you the very best in your career."

Local? Hello, I will be local! Did they think I was going to do clinical research long distance? Argh. It seemed like the perfect job for me.


Anyway, life goes on, as does the job search.

Last night I met up with a few of my friends, and had a great night catching up and getting excited about the wedding! We also went to a more local bar to where I grew up and went to high school, and ran into a fair share of my old classmates. That was interesting. S missed her flight last night, so I had to cancel her dress appointments and I'm not sure what the plan is now. I am going to pick her up from the airport in a bit and figure the rest of the day out. I also got a flat on my car yesterday and have to get that fixed and/or get a new set of tires before heading out west. Just another thing to add to the list.

And so, we go on.

No comments: