Monday, April 14, 2008

It wouldn't be wedding planning without a few hitches.

Things have been going relatively smoothly with all the wedding planning. I got all the vendors I wanted, the budget is (mostly) in control, and I know what I need to do and roughly when to do it.

But then last week, my dad called and said he had problems making hotel reservations from the rooms we blocked off. Apparently, they decided (without telling me or putting it on the contract) that rooms had to be reserved for Friday AND Saturday night, not just one or the other. Well, 75% of the guests who are going to reserve rooms probably will only need them for Friday or Saturday night. So I e-mailed Patty over at the Lodge, who said she would try to work on it and they "just recently" started to reinforce the 2-night minimum policy. Right. So, cue Ashley my planner, who I've gotten to take care of the situation and hopefully we will have an answer today (more than a week after this whole debacle started). Otherwise, you will probably see one very unhappy bride-to-be in the next few days.

And then --- the veil. When I went to pick up my dress, my veil was also ready. Except that it was about 5 feet too short and didn't have the blusher. So they re-ordered it, and told me it would be about 3-4 weeks until it comes back. I called last week to see what the status was, and they said it was in! Wow, awesome, I'm so excited! But then I came back to earth and realized they were probably talking about the old veil, the wrong veil. And sure enough, when I called today that was the case. So I asked when the veil would be in. The woman said June! So I promptly told her that I was told 3-4 weeks and if it won't be in by then, then I'd like to cancel the order. Well, she said that it was 'in production' so it can't be cancelled. Well then, I said, if it's in production, can't they put a rush on it and get it to me? At this point, she gets all upset and tells me there is nothing they can do and that veils take a long time to make.

.....

I'm sorry, but some sheets of tulle don't take long to put together. So of course I get off the phone and start worrying that either they didn't order it when they said they did, or ordered the wrong veil again, and I will be without my incredibly awesome veil that I've waited so long to see. I am so frustrated about this situation and wish there was something I could do about it, but I feel they are going to be difficult to deal with. Which means I probably need Ashley to intervene.

Just when I thought things were going alright... now I'm debating whether or not I want to get my alterations done at that store, as I've heard that their customer service declines after you've made your purchases, which I seem to have experienced already.

Just when I thought things were going ok...

No comments: