Tuesday, April 8, 2008

4 months!

It's pretty hard to believe that in a little over 4 months, I will have finally graduated (again) and finally be married! My journey to this final career choice has been a bit long, and I think my family is pretty relieved to know that I will finally be self-sufficient and able to get a stable job after getting my nursing degree. For those of you who don't know, I also have BA in psychology from Auburn and went to grad school at IUPUI in Indianapolis, IN to get my PhD in clinical psychology (health/rehabilitation psych). It wasn't long after the program started when I realized I absolutely did not want to spend the next five years of my life there and that it wasn't my calling, and I was getting out of there! So I came back to Auburn to finish pre-requisites for nursing school, and started an accelerated nursing program in July 2007. M. moved to Colorado the next month to start his PhD program, and is very happy with his decision. While we used to joke that we would one day be the Drs. Wall, we are both glad that I have found a path that I will enjoy and and will give me the flexibility I need to satisfy my personal career goals. And who knows, I may still end up with a doctorate one day.

That really had nothing to do with the wedding being 4 months away, but I am just really excited to finally be done with school and start working!

The countdowns on my dashboard:



The planning has been a bit slow lately, as I'm (supposed to be) finishing up some big projects for school and getting ready to move back home for a few months for my internship this summer. Once I get back to Birmingham, I'll hit the ground running with alterations, bridal portraits, invitation printing, showers, and all kinds of last minute things. That's all for now!

No comments: