Thursday, April 24, 2008

I really do not like rollercoasters.

I hate rollercoasters. The first time I rode a rollercoaster, I was probably in the age range of around 8-11. My family had gone to Six Flags Atlanta for some fun. I thought I'd be brave and ride a rollercoaster with my big brother, Mark. He decided we would ride the Scream Machine. Front row! So then I climbed in, and braced myself for some slight stomach dips and lots of screaming. But as that car rose higher and higher and we prepared to make our first descent, I realized that this was a terrible idea and probably burst into tears right then. And for the remainder of the ride I was crying and trying desperately not let my glasses fly off. Mark probably thought it was pretty funny, but I was, from that moment on, traumatized.


from here


Over the years, I've been able to ride some baby rollercoasters (Runaway Mine Train or Space Mountain, anyone?), but pretty much have given up on trying to ride any real rollercoaster ever again.

What in the world do rollercoasters have to do with wedding planning? Why, the emotions of course!!
Remember the mix-up with the veil, and the rude, unprofessional responses I got from the lady at the store whenever I call? That set me off and the first emotional upset of wedding planning (Well, in recent months) so far. And then today out of the blue, I get a call telling me that my veil is in! What in the world!

I am so over that bridal shop. I am very happy to know that my veil is in, and I hope from the bottom of my heart that it's the right veil, but I'm so frustrated at the poor service I've received since buying my dress there.

Anyway. I hope to pick up my veil next week, and finally be done with that store. Stay tuned - I may sneak in a picture!

No comments: