Thursday, April 3, 2008

After the wedding...

I have not, a bit surprisingly, been asked about where we are going on our honeymoon.
Not that it matters though, because we won't be going anywhere!

That's right... no honeymoon for us. Immediately after the wedding, at least.
You see, this is how the few days before and after the wedding will look for us:

Sometime before the wedding, M. will fly into town. Hopefully he will be able to be in town for the week prior, but I know better than to hope too much for anything when it comes to his schedule.

Then, after the wedding, we'll spend the night at the hotel, and wake up the next morning to get back to his hometown, or my hometown (depending on where he flies in/out of) because on Monday, he is flying back to Colorado, where he starts back to class on Tuesday. And he doesn't get a decent break until the winter holidays. A week or two after the wedding, I'll make my way to Colorado with the rest of our stuff and finally move in and settle down.

So our honeymoon is indefinitely delayed until we decide when we can take our honeymoon, which will likely be a one year anniversary trip, hopefully no longer than that though!

However, when we are able to finally get away... we would like to escape to central California and spend a few days exploring the coast and the various restaurants and wineries that proliferate the area.

So, maybe after I have worked up some vacation time we will be able to finally take our honeymoon, and officially feel like newlyweds :)


1801 First, where we might stay


I'd like to take Michael to a couple of different wineries that I went to when I was in California with my mom.

Of particular interest to us is hopefully dining at The French Laundry and Auberge du Soleil. And if that means staying at Hampton Inn for a few nights, I think we'll be okay with that :).

Some pictures from my trip to California:

artichoke fields


probably along the coast near Big Sur


rocky coast near monterey


I can't remember where exactly. I think near a lighthouse, not far from the bridge (faint in the background)



Beringer Winery



I'm sure M. and I would enjoy a relaxing week at a tropical island as much as the next person, but I think we will have more memorable moments enjoying the things we love the most - each other, food, and wine!

No comments: