A little while ago I bought myself a calligraphy pen and attempted to create some lettering to see if I could address my envelopes myself, but it really just wasn't working out. Maybe when I have some more time to practice I'll try again, but for now, I'll just admire what other people can do. My favorite category of calligraphy is copperplate calligraphy. You can see why below:
(from Pendance Calligraphy and Engraving)
I just love it!
Apparently, a lot of people will create a custom monogram for you after learning about your lifestyle, interests, and other preferences. It's a really interesting process, but it can get incredibly expensive!
For example, Monogram Designs's prices start at $250 just to set up the design. But they do such wonderful things like turning this:
into this:
How beautiful is that?!
Here's a more modern one:
classic:
I think this amazing piece was hand embroidered:
And I could go on and on and on!
Also, I think M and I have finalized our first wedding decision! Can you believe it! I present to you, our cake idea:
3-tiered round cake (delicious flavors of course)
robin's egg blue (blue buttercream with vanilla bean specks)
cream-colored piped pearls at the seams
our monogram on the 2nd tier
topped with korean wedding ducks (more on that in another post)
Things are coming together! We've mostly decided on a venue, photographer (this will all depend on the actual meetings with them), and a date! Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment