One was Milton's Bridal in Mobile, and the other was David's Bridal, also in Mobile. Even though I'm not actually buying a dress anytime soon nor in Mobile, my friend S. and I thought it'd be fun to try on some dresses just for the heck of it.
Since the dresses I tried on at Milton's are in contention for being "the dress," I won't post any details about them in the case that M. reads this. However, they are lacey and romantic and soft, just as I envisioned. The store and service are not recommended, though, at all! I did not have an appointment, and actually didn't even think I was going to try on any dresses - but was looking for one that had been previously displayed in the window - and was met by rude, unknowledgeable workers. I must admit though, that I knew in advance that this store did not have good reviews, as a quick google search pulled up a couple of bad reviews. So that lessened the blow, but I'm still appalled at the level of service. (I luckily know of another bridal salon in Birmingham that carries the line of the dresses I tried on.)
David's Bridal was a bust. I knew I probably wasn't going to like any dresses there, but decided to check it out anyway. I actually did try on one dress that was a nice complement to my figure, but it lacked any sort of train, and the fabric felt a bit cheap. I tried on some full lace dress and a gaudy beaded dress that looked incredibly ridiculous on me. Glad to have that ruled out!
But the dress that I've been looking for, the dress that I have searched for online, the dress I hope I find one day, is this:
There are many that look similar, but still just don't have that feeling. I'm afraid it is some vintage couture dress that only exist in the Hamptons or someone's storage shack in Beverly Hills. I've posted on the knot, scoured dress galleries, and entered endless combinations of "lace," "wedding dress," and "bateau," into google. I realize I may never find this dress, but alas, the search must go on.
2 comments:
Not that I'm any kind of expert, but Sarah and just about everyone she knows has found success at "Something Blue" in Hartselle, AL. Don't know if you've been there or heard of it, good luck!
They are all stQock photochjn. THANKS for the comments~~!!
m yli9ttle girl helopede me write this haha
Post a Comment