Sunday, October 7, 2007

Dresses, dresses, and more and more dresses!

I may not be getting married until 2009, and we haven't set a date, put down a deposit on a venue, or even settled on the party count, but I sure as hell have been looking for THE wedding dress since before we were even engaged.

This past weekend my friend S. and I found a little shopping area near where we live and ventured into a store with many ball gowns. We live in an area where Mardi Gras balls are a big deal, and this store carried dresses for occasions like that. I didn't expect to find much, but they were having a trunk show for Catherine Regehr. They were all silk taffeta gowns, and quite dramatic. I found one that is completely the opposite of what I thought I wanted - ruching, and a huge ruffly neckline. I have some pictures, but I won't post them. It's definitely my most favorite dress I've tried on yet.

I've also discovered that Heidi Elnora, a contestant on Project Runway, makes couture wedding dresses in my hometown, and they seem to be quite beautiful! There are only two photos of dresses on her website, but I love this one:



Most of her work is custom, which would be perfect for me, as I've yet to find one dress that combines the elements of my favorite dresses thus far. However, she's a last resort choice as I'm sure it would be quite expensive.

The search continues, but I feel as though I have a pretty good idea what I want in a dress. But until then, school calls...

No comments: