Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Did you miss me? Or, the biggest little bridal shower in Alabama.

Man, I feel like it has been forever since I last updated. Since then, I've had probably the most frustrating time of this entire engagement. Since I've recovered from that emotional period, I don't want to go into the details, lest I crumble into a million little pieces again!

Instead, let us focus on the positive things. I bought new shoes for my dress. No, they are not as cute or elegant or high or whatever, but just continue to remind that no one will see them anyway!

I had a wonderful bridal shower! When we arrived at the house, there were no cars to be seen! But when I got inside the house, there were people everywhere!!! So many more people than I expected, and so many women I grew up with and who have known my family for years. Mrs. N, our family's wonderful friend and one of my mom's best friends, invited and told so many people about my shower that I got gifts from people who moved away years ago! I am truly shocked and touched by everyone's generosity, and I am so grateful for everyone who came together to plan the shower! I absolutely felt awkward and shy being the center of attention, but remembering that these people have seen me through all of my even more awkward phases made me feel a little better :).

Wow, there's a lot more to update you guys on. Well, I present to you a new blogging plan. My wedding is in 45 days. Afterwards, I am moving to CO. Soon after that, I will be starting my new job. BUT, I will be done with school! So. Armed with the knowledge that I will not likely be updating as much as I would like, and there are still many things I want to share with the anonymous public, I will continue to blog after the wedding/move. I'll then be able to write about some of the things I don't really want to talk about before the wedding, since it will spoil the 'surprise' for the guests!

For now, please pray for M and I as we approach our wedding! We are SO excited to be getting married and starting our life together. I hope all of you have a wonderful summer and I'm sure I'll be back before the wedding, but for now - hasta la vista my friends!

No comments: