Friday, February 22, 2008

Wedding Planner

When we first decided to get married in August, I knew I wanted to hire a wedding planner specifically to deal with the "day-of" stuff - final payments, clean-up, set-up, herding people around, etc. This is our wedding day and I want us to be the happiest that we can be - and I know that if I had to deal with setting up, cleaning up, making sure people got paid, etc, etc, I would drive myself crazy and not be able to enjoy the day as much as I would like. I am also a little bit of a control-freak and really like everything to go just so - according to plan as I envisioned it. I realize things aren't going to go that way for the wedding, but I'd like some semblance of organization that day.

So, to prevent myself from looking like this:

on our wedding day, I started out googling wedding planners, looking at the knot, and flipping through local wedding magazines for someone to be my right-hand lady (or man). I ended up interviewing a few people and realized that most of them demanded payments much higher than I expected. So I let up on the search for a wedding planner for awhile, trying to see if I could indeed handle it on my own that day. Well, it's been a few months, and after some slow communication with my contact at our reception venue (another post on its own), I decided I need to hire someone to take care of these types of things for me.

I just finished shooting off an e-mail to the best candidate for the job, and hope to hear back from her over the weekend. Maybe by next week I'll have someone to take some of this load off my shoulders.

No comments: