Only July 3rd, 2007, M. proposed! He surprised me by showing up in Auburn a day early on bended knee with a beautiful ring and the promise for a bright future! Two weeks later, not much has been done on the planning front, but things are progressing.
Tentative (!!):
wedding date: Aug 2009
wedding site: Birmingham or Huntsville, AL
size: 150 (as small as possible for us)
time: 11 AM
Our budget is to be determined, but things that are important to us are photography and food. I am open to spending a little more on a dress if it's exactly what I want. But invitations and flowers I think (at this point) are a lower priority.
Hopefully this blog will keep me a little more organized and grounded - I doubt I'll post a lot of pictures, as I have huge folders of items on my computer to show vendors. Hopefully by December we'll have a ceremony site, reception site, and photographer booked. Then in July I'll begin booking everything else (while working and getting my MSN) and a year later... Mr. and Mrs. W! Other things we are thinking about: a delayed honeymoon in California wine region (Napa, Sonoma) to accomodate our finances and M.'s school schedule (he's working on his phd in physics at CSM [Colorado Schoo of Mines]).
My thoughts on the ideal day: After the ceremony (likely a full Mass) will be a brunch reception at either a garden-y area outdoors, but if it's too warm (which is likely - summer in Alabama!) I'd like a venue with lots of windows (and view of gardens?).
I'm not sure how often I'll be updating in the next few months as there isn't much going on, but I'm sure as ideas pop up I'll jot them down so I don't forget.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations on your engagement. My Honey popped the question on July 2nd! My head is still in the clouds and I haven't started planning yet. I'll slowly ease into the planning process, but for now, I'm just basking in the joy of being engaged.
Congrats again and happy planning!
Post a Comment